Susan Shapiro Barash author of “You’re Grounded Forever…But First, Let’s Go Shopping” joins the show.
Susan Shapiro Barash is an established writer of nonfiction women’s issue books and has authored twelve books. She teaches gender studies Marymount Manhattan College and is a well recognized gender expert. Barash is frequently sought out by newspapers, television shows and radio programs to comment on women’s issues and blogs for the Huffington Post and Psychology Today.
Susan Shapiro Barash discusses & answers the following:
- Why did you write this book?
- What is it about the mother/daughter bond that makes it fraught with tension?
- What age were the mothers and if they had several daughters, did birth order matter?
- Why do we make endless excuses for our daughters?
- Is materialism a part of the problem for mothers and daughters today?